Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tuesday is NOT the same. Period.

It's Tuesday and I've got several issues with Tuesday. First is basketball practice from 6:45 - 7:45 pm. Preston is 6 years old. Seriously? He does not get home until 8:00 at least, then we have to hose him down and get him to bed. The kid does not wind down easily, so it's close to 9pm before he's asleep. I take issue with that.

Second is feeding this crew when there's 6:45 practice and TV Joe busts through the door just in time to make the practice. So kids eat whatever before practice and then we eat at 8:30 when the boys are in bed. Harsh, especially since I am trying to ween the kids off Sonic as a part of my New Year's Resolution/Year of Amy's Comeback. I have no idea what to make tonight. I'm thinking vegetable soup since it's FREEZING here.

Third - and here's the biggest. Every Tuesday I'm reminded that my girls are gone. My Gilmore Girls, that is. I miss them. Seriously miss them. Like I've never missed fake TV people before. Sure I can watch on ABC Family every morning at 10 or afternoon at 4, but it's not the same. I miss their wit, I miss their fast talkin', I miss the diner. I miss Kirk! I miss Stars Hollow. I want to live in Stars Hollow. I imagine they are all still living their life there. Lorelai and Luke are married and happy. Sookie catered the wedding and made the cake. When I see Obama on the news, I secretly look for a glimpse of Rory. We're getting a Sex and the City movie - who do I write for a Gilmore Girls movie? And for the love of all that is good...what were the last words suppose to be? Amy Sherman-Palladino left the show basically high and dry at the end of season 6. She's the one that made Lorelai end up at Chris's door. Darn her. And she said from the beginning that she knew the last sentence of the show's conclusion. I want to know!!!

So what's my replacement? Biggest Loser. I want to be the biggest loser. I'm a loser all right, but I want to be the biggest loser. I love this show. The drama, the sweat, the tears - Jillian's crazy mean psycho face. I can't decide who I want to win this year. Since there are teams, I don't know names. I can't remember names anyway. What a great world we would live in if I could just say - "hey pink team lady" instead of having to remember names. Anyway, I digress. So I'm kind of pulling for the pink team, since that mom is pretty old. I'm very impressed with her efforts. And I like the yellow team - mom and son. They rock the scale every week. I know I can't stand the black team. The rest are, meh. Take or leave. The host is Allison Sweeney from "Days of our Lives". Yeah, Allison use to be chubby, so I guess she has street cred. Maybe this week I'll watch without a bowl of ice cream in my hand. There's a concept!

2 comments:

Steve Bezner said...

Hmmmm...never seen Gilmore Girls. Might need to check on that.

The Biggest Loser...it just makes me upset watching people suffer like that.

Honeyed Hashette said...

I am ALL about American Idol, Project Runway and Biggest Loser. I LOVE THAT SHOW! I love watching the transformations and men cry. The men crying part is really the only reason I watch...okay- not really...
I have never seen the Gilmore Girls, but I like fast talking...their speaking my language!
P.S. Is "Bezner" Jennifer?