Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Can you sue your family?

Well Spring Break came and went with very little excitement. No big trips, unless you count the trip we made to the dollar theater to see a kid's movie. My boys went to Nana and Grandaddy's for a few nights, which was nice. I wish I could tell you that I did fabulous things with my free time, but the toilets needed to be scrubbed. I spent the whole day cleaning and doing laundry. But it was nice because I watched chick flicks the whole time.

After a week of drop dead gorgeous weather, a nasty cold front blew through and brought an inch and a half of snow Saturday night. I am so ready for spring, but it was nice to sit and watch the snow for the night. And I love the smell of snow.

We are back to a schedule this week. I'm sad spring break is gone. We stayed up late and slept in - so nice! Only 11 weeks left until school is out!

My kid's sweet cousin Aspen is in town this week staying with my in-laws. Sweetest child ever. So mature and polite. She and Preston fight like, well...family. They were playing yesterday on the neighbor's tree swing. Preston was pushing Aspen, and she was not liking how high he was pushing her. She yelled "IF YOU HURT ME, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO PAY MY FAMILY A LOT OF MONEY!!!" Preston responded - "I *AM* YOUR FAMILY!!!" Hilarious!

I wish I could tell you we had something fabulous for dinner last night, but it was just me and the boys, so we had tacos. I love tacos. Actually, I have taco salad and the boys have "flat tacos". I love this salad so much. It's not fancy, but it's healthy and quick.

TACO SALAD
recipe by...me!

1lb 96% ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
1 head iceburg lettuce (disclaimer - I know this has very little nutritional value, but you need crisp lettuce for this. Can use romaine as well, but it's just not as good)
1 can black beans
shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream
salsa

Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning and follow directions on seasoning package.
Clean the lettuce and dice it up. Add desired amount of cheddar cheese. Top with about a 1/2 cup of taco meat and 1/2 cup of black beans. Top with a little sour cream and salsa.

There you go - it's no Martha or Pioneer Woman, but it's a favorite of mine! Have a wonderful day!