Thursday, March 12, 2009

Ridiculously Good Treats


So I have lots of blogs that I read every morning. Some people I know quite well, some that I've met a few times, and some that I've never met, but found here in cyberspace.

The Cruson Crew is a blog by a friend of a friend. We've met several times, she's sweet as the candy I'm about to tell you about. I read her blog because she's really, really funny and most days I need good laugh.

A few days ago, she posted the following recipe. It sounded so good...so good that I had to try it. Before we get started, let me just add that she puts a little pecan on top, but Biggie B is allergic to nuts and Preston would rather go hungry than eat a nut, so we don't put them in anything.

Rolo-Marshmallow-Pretzel Bites (I made up this name...I'm sure it's actually called something much more cleaver)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

Gather the following:

Rolos
Butter Snap Pretzels
Marshmallows

Line up the pretzels on a baking sheet.


Put a Rolo on top of each pretzel. Put a marshmallow on top of each Rolo.


Place in the oven for about 3 minutes.

Once you pull them out, you can take a pecan and smush them down, or if you are not using nuts, take a knife lightly sprayed with Pam and smush them down a bit.


If you can wait until they cool down, you are a stronger woman than me. These little jewels are the perfect mix of salty/sweet/chewy.


Try not to eat them all at once. Yeah, good luck.

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Steve Bezner said...

Awwwwwwww yeah.

Anonymous said...

I love this treat. Never had it with the marshmallow so can't wait to try that b/c my kids don't like nuts. Also, didn't know you blogged. I am out of it! Love it!!

Honeyed Hashette said...

Foooood Pooooorrrrrnnnn!
Love it! These sound great and like something my husband would like to have. mmmmm

And yes. Eva and Biggie B are two of the cutest kids on the planet. And yes. I think she's got his number.

Love you!

Traditions From The Heart said...

LOVED THESE! Thanks so much for sharing! Actually, I liked them best without the marshmallows! :)