Monday, September 8, 2008

Slacker

It's not the first time I've been called a slacker...or the last. I had grand plans to share our lives with you - but when life turned into a Porsche (0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds), I just lost time. I'm not sure if things are slowing down, but I am going to make an effort to post more often. Not just for the 3 people reading this, but as a record of our life. I've said before, I'm not a scrapbooker - I wish I was and will someday put my pictures on paper, but in the meantime, I can keep up here.

So much has happened in the last 2 months - Preston had camps, Bergen went to see the Wiggles. They both had birthdays and are both growing so fast. Preston even started the 1st grade. We went ot Childress for Joe's mamaw's 90th birthday. Amazing. We also have had some hard times - Joe had a migraine headache that lasted 4 weeks. Before we got a diagnosis, he suffered quite a bit...including a trip to the ER and a neurologist. My mom had a stroke which led to vascular surgery. She's starting rehab. That was 2 weeks ago. Talk about a wake up call. There's nothing like the feeling of seeing your mom - your hero - laying in a hospital. Not fun. But she's doing good. We expect a full recovery, praise to God! He is so faithful. I started a new job...another gig where I only get paid if I sell something. If we can just hang tight for a few more months, this should be pretty good. And I love a schedule. Watch...now that I have less time than when I was unemployed, I will blog more. I just do better when I'm forced to get up and out of the house.

Almost everyday, I see something or experience something and think "I'm so blogging that". Like my drycleaner, who looks like Jeff Wiggle, or the crossing guard that is quite honestly the grumpiest looking old man I've ever seen. But hey, at least he's out there. My kids still crack me up with every word.

So life is good - it might be the hardest we've ever experienced, but looking around...still not too shabby.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

What an amazing attitude you have! I love when the pain and struggles of life cause people to become more appreciative of what they have rather than becoming bitter. It is so inspiring!